Monday, December 21, 2020

December 2020 updates

 Happy Holidays to all!

As we approach the end of this year filled with uncertainty and frequent, rapid changes, I just want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your entrusting me with the health and safety guidance for your centers. It has not been without its challenges, for sure, and yet you have all been resilient and persevered through it all. I’m sure your families and staff are grateful for the care you take to provide a healthful and safe environment for all.

Many of the telephone, text, and email messages I’ve been receiving lately reveal continued lack of clarity around exclusion and return to school/day care, which is no surprise given frequent updates from the Maine CDC and American Academy of Pediatrics. There are differences between management of symptomatic individuals with no known COVID-19 exposure, known exposure to COVID-positive individuals, and individuals who test positive for COVID-19 (symptomatic or not). It is so important to clearly identify the situation. Links below will assist with decision-making.

I have tried to respond to all outreach as quickly as possible, including early mornings, late evenings, and weekends. I ask for your patience if I cannot respond immediately due to my teaching or administrative obligations or personal family responsibilities.

I hope you can all take some well-deserved time for rest and rejuvenation with your families over the holidays, albeit with modifications. Let’s hope that 2021 will bring much-needed relief!

Warm regards,

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment